Crowns And Bridges
Missing teeth can adversely affect your functionality and appearance of your smile. Day-to-day functions such as chewing, biting, and even speech are affected.
At Mayfield Dental Care, this is no longer a big issue. Missing teeth can be replaced with different dental equipment including dental crowns and bridges.
Crowns and bridges replace the missing teeth and restore the function of damaged teeth. Your Mayfield dentist will discuss the best option that suits your case.
A dental crown is a single tooth equipment that caps the existing tooth. It is a fixed restorative device cemented into place by your dentist.
A dental crown is often recommended for the following cases:
- Tooth damaged by tooth decay
- Tooth worn down or flattened by grinding/ bruxism
- Irregularly shaped tooth
- Discoloured tooth caused by intrinsic factors
- Weakened tooth that cannot support a large filling
- Used together with dental implants or bridges
Benefits Of Dental Crowns
- Restore strength to weakened tooth
- Create natural tooth shape for irregularly shaped tooth
- Mask the discoloured tooth
- Protect the tooth from stress and damage
- Hold a filling in place
- Look and feel like a natural tooth
- Durable and with proper care, can last a long time
A dental bridge replaces multiple missing teeth. As the name suggests, a dental bridge bridges one tooth to another, taking support from adjacent teeth.
Just like a dental crown, dental bridges are fixed restorative devices. Dental implants may be used to keep the bridges in place. The implants serve as the anchor of the bridge, hence keeping it in place.
Benefits of Dental bridges
- Replace missing teeth
- Restore speech capacity
- Improve biting and chewing
- Return balance in the mouth during chewing
- Prevents remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Support your cheek, therefore, returning natural face structure
Your dentist will be the one to determine if you are an ideal candidate for the treatment. Your dentist will take X-rays, impressions and photographs before commencing the treatment.
In the first appointment, tooth is prepared to receive a crown or bridge. Accurate impressions are taken, which will be sent to a dental technician. A temporary crown may be used to protect the tooth while your permanent crowns are still fabricated.
At the next visit, the temporary crown is replaced by the new custom-made dental crown. The new crown is checked, adjusted and cemented to achieve a proper fit.
Durable dental crowns and bridges at Mayfield Dental Care
Mayfield Dental Care is known to provide only the premium quality dental crowns and bridges. Fix your smile with these dental equipment and say hello to a new and improved you!
FREE GUIDE TO DENTAL IMPLANTS NOW AVAILABLE
Get your copy of the ultimate patient guide to dental implants today!