Probably the most painful dental emergency, a toothache or dental pain definitely knows how to ruin a person’s day.
If you have a toothache, everything is affected. The pain makes it hard to sleep, eat, or go through your simple day-to-day schedule.
At Mayfield Dental Care, we get rid of those tooth complications for you. We offer a same-day emergency appointment to tend to your needs as soon as possible.
What Causes Toothache?
First Aid Steps
In case of a toothache, here’s what you can do:
- Make sure that there is no food lodged in your teeth particularly in the aching area.
- Brush your teeth and floss after.
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash or a saline solution. For the saline solution, dissolve ½ teaspoon of salt to eight ounces of lukewarm water. Use this to rinse your mouth for several times.
- Take OTC pain relievers but always be wary of the restrictions.
- You can also use a clove oil to minimize the pain and sensitivity. Apply clove oil on the aching are using a clean cotton swab.
- Never put aspirin directly to the injured area as this can cause a chemical burn.
- To minimize swelling, apply cold compress on cheeks.
- Call and visit your dentist immediately.
Treatment At Mayfield Dental Care
Treatment for a toothache at Mayfield Dental Care involves a diagnosis of the cause. Treating the cause ensures that the toothache will not return and that the dental issue can no longer threaten your oral health.
Toothache complications can be avoided. Your dentist at Mayfield Dental Care will give you precise and detailed instructions on how to take care of your mouth following the procedure to get you the safest and fastest recovery possible. The instructions that we will provide you will have to be followed cautiously.
Recovering from the treatment is easy and simple. We rarely recommend tooth extraction. But if it has to be done, you should not worry about the recovery as we provide you with the ‘as smooth as possible’ facility. Most of the patients recover from the pain in just one or two days.
If you encounter any problem regarding your tooth extraction, your Mayfield Dental Care dentist is always ready to re-examine you and take necessary steps to ensure that the abnormalities are resolved quickly and safely. At Mayfield Dental Care, your health is our topmost priority.
Same Day Dental Emergency Appointment At Mayfield Dental Care
If you ever find yourself in a dental emergency, contact Mayfield Dental Care team immediately for quick assistance. Our team is well experienced in providing quick and efficient care for immediate relief.
Same day dental emergency appointment for you and your loved ones in Mayfield! We have our gates open for you every time.