Have you accidentally bitten your own inner cheek? Do not panic, we are here.
Mayfield Dental Care offers a same-day emergency appointment to tend to your need as soon as possible.
Your mouth’s soft tissues include the tongue, cheeks, gums and lips are very soft and pulpy. They are sensitive and delicate and when injured, they can cause extreme pain and discomfort.
In addition, because the area is so rich in blood vessels, injury in these areas of your mouth can cause bleeding. Although the bleeding can stop in a few minutes, this still needs urgent medical attention. These injuries can be tackled by tetanus shots.
Some of the most common injuries include:
- Deep cuts
What Are The Common Causes Of Injuries?
- Accidental biting
- Contact sports and other activities that expose your soft tissue
- Vehicular accidents
- Work-related accidents
First Aid For Soft Tissue Injuries
In case of an injury to the soft tissues, here’s what you can do:
- Rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouthwash or a saline solution (1/2 teaspoon of salt to eight ounces of lukewarm water).
- If the bleeding continues, press a clean absorbent material on the damaged area for 10-15 minutes.
- To reduce pain and swelling, hold an ice cube to the injured area for around 10 minutes.
- See your dentist immediately.
Injured Soft Tissues In The Mouth Treatment At Mayfield Dental Care
The treatment varies depending on the severity of the damage. Conservative care, stitching and sedation techniques may be employed by your dentist.
In most cases, your dentist will have to clean the injured area thoroughly to prevent any infection. Stitching may be needed for wounds that do not stop bleeding.
Same Day Dental Emergency Appointment At Mayfield Dental Care
If you ever find yourself in a dental emergency, contact Mayfield Dental Care team immediately for quick assistance. Our team is well experienced in providing quick and efficient care for immediate relief.
Same day dental emergency appointment for you and your loved ones in Mayfield!